Sunday, November 28, 2010

SOLUTIONS: TSA should go to the dogs

"If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.  Well, I got two." 
- George W. Bush

BTC -  By now we've all heard or experienced tales of personal horror at TSA's use of the Rapiscan backscatter X-Ray machines at airports.  I recently read an article where DHS Secretary Napolitano used the words "shared responsibility" when it comes to providing security in America.  Unfortunately - those words seemed more like a cry for help.  I would hate to think of what could happen if we further neglected the solutions rather than solely pitching in the complaint department. It might be worth some salt to offer the TSA solutions.

Coming from Silicon Valley, AOPTIX, makers of iris scan biometrics, seem to be the next in line to the begging trough for dwindling reserves of federal money for private security contracts.  I could battle another Big Tech biometric identity mandate or I could throw my hat in the ring with solutions which beat the elusive but eventual TSA cavity search for fliers.  None of this is any fun.

I found one of the best solutions yet - man's best friend - on BrassCheckTV.  I think fliers blood pressure would go down.  The TSA would be able to actually serve it's purpose better.  We could cut Chertoff loose or try to get him involved in a better business model for national security.   From the words of the former commander-in-chief, George W. Bush, "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.  Well, I got two."

WATCH THIS:

No comments: