Wednesday, November 10, 2010

REDUX: Jesse Ventura, Americas new Lucha Libre

BTC - There are going to be a few people who will throw garbage at me for giving this material second life. I don't write for them anyway. You can forget any apology.

Today I'm writing for people who attended a NASCAR dirt race, watched a WWF match or grew up on the Dukes of Hazzard or who attempted a renactment of these scenarios in their backyard. I was flipping through the TV channels when my eyes and ears drifted magnetically to the familiar sounds of Jesse Ventura's voice - a combination of pouring gravel and ..a mountain lion. Jesse Ventura as a Governor of the great state of Minnesota should be enough to make him credible. However, I think his ex-wrestler cred is really what is still carrying him.

As cynicial as you can become, you know America needs a superhero. The current generation, the ones who are losing their rights and their hair, need the power of his brand of Lucha Libre to go the distance in an endurance run to save our rights. It creates courage to see The Body take political risks we would not, tread where we would never go in our right mind, displaying mind splitting truth about our government. He shows us the human faces inside the velvet glove doing their best to beat us out of our lunch money and our freedom.

Jesse Ventura beats Chuck Norris 10-to-one as a political action figure.

Jesse Ventura is not Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich. He's not Chris Matthews or Wolf Blitzer. He's not Alex Jones.  He's not Rush Limbaugh or Rachel Maddow. He's not John Stewart or Bill Maher; and he's not your dad.  He's Jesse "The Body" Ventura and I watched him put "the best-of-the-best" aspiring white collar criminals in training at Goldmann Sach's on the ropes and try to tapp out! NOTHING beats that to date for politi-tainment.

After that I felt better about calling a spade, a spade. I just needed a role model. Someday I want to be like Ventura. When it's time to jump in the ring, armed with only my body, my wits and some quaking frenemies, I'll donn some lycra tights and resolve to take on the Bosses at the 112th Level of Congress.

Which is why I went on a hunt looking for that episode online and found his previous work: A 6 episode series on Big Brother; see below. Now all I need is a wrestler name.

WATCH THIS:

No comments: